A brand-new, wholly unique offering designed for those who serve in a supervisory role, Frontline Leadership is focused training on your people-developing skills and self-care tips.
Managing people may be the most challenging aspect of your role, but it can be the most rewarding. And when it comes to retaining talent for your organization, it's the most important. According to a survey by Gallup, 75% of the reasons people leave an organization are issues managers can influence.
Skills like coaching, leadership, advocating, and EQ are invaluable in your role as a supervisor or manager. That's where IAAP's Academy for Leadership Development: Frontline Leadership comes in.
We are not providing a specific agenda for each day of the conference, only start and end times. Why, you may ask? Because agendas give us comfort. They make us feel safe. They let us know what’s coming next and how to prepare. But when is your job, or even life, ever like that? Frontline Leadership is about encouraging you to take risks and yes, even making you feel a little uncomfortable. Because that is where greatness happens.
You will spend 2 1/2 days deep diving into these areas:
- Gain clarity on the role and duties of leadership
- Set vision for self and the team
- Establish clear expectations
- Discover the foundations for fostering a high-trust culture
- Identify barriers to establishing trust
- Complete a personal and organizational trust survey
- Complete the DiSC® assessment
- Discover strengths and blind spots of personal communication and behavior style
- Learn to speak with the communication language of others
- Discuss different leadership styles and applications
- Explore personal leadership style preferences
- Define and practice situational leadership
- Distinguish coaching from mentoring
- Discover foundational principles of coaching
- Practice essential competencies of coaching including active listening, asking powerful questions, and direct communication
- Practice operational team responsibilities including delegating, managing projects, and team meetings
- Apply the skills of coaching to performance management and accountability
- Practice an effective approach to leading tough conversations with high courage and high consideration
Dates & Times
September 7, 2019
5:30 – 7:00pm Cocktail Networking Reception
September 8-9, 2019
8:30am – 4:30pm
September 10, 2019
8:30am – 12:30pm